Saturday, March 26, 2011

Microsoft Wired 600 Keyboard

I mentioned in a previous post that my favorite keyboard is the Microsoft Wired 600 Keyboard, I thought I'd better explain why.








This particular keyboard has two key (pun intended) driving features behind my decision. 

Price and lack of functions.

Price, at $19.95 it's priced amazing well for such a well built and great feeling keyboard. (You can also buy it bundled with a Microsoft Wired Mouse for $34.95)

Lack of functions, (yes that's right lack of functions) I often find that keyboards go over the top with extra keys, functions, zooms, sliders and gadgets. The Wired 600 simply adds a Play/Pause key, Volume up/down & mute keys plus a calculator key.

I personally find this lack of functions to be a major feature of this keyboard keeping it simple and straight forward, the wired USB connection is also a major plus as you'll never have to worry about the battery running out while your in the middle of writing that important email.

If your running a business I'd strongly recommended having a couple of boxes of the Wired Desktop 600 (that's the keyboard and mouse bundle) always on hand in your stationery cupboard and then when a new staff member starts simply replace the old dirty crumb filled keyboard with a new one for the new staff member. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment